In chapters 1 and 2 you have learned about pseudoscience, folk psychology, skepticism, and the scientific method. In the age of social media, being skeptical of scientific claims and being able to evaluate their credibility are important skills. Before completing this discussion, please prepare by reading the two articles below. These articles discuss things to consider when evaluating the credibility of science.
Main Discussion Post – Due Wednesday by 11:59pm
- Using the articles above, identify and discuss three ways to spot bad science.
Your responses should be thorough and thoughtful. Each description should be at least four sentences each, for a total of 12 sentences minimum.
Response Posts – Due Friday by 11:59pm
Respond to at least two of your classmates. Please include the following in your responses:
- Identify and describe at least one additional way to spot bad science.
Your response should add to your classmates’ discussion in a meaningful and substantive manner. Each response should be at least 4 sentences.
- Your posts must be in your own words. Work that is not original will not receive credit.
- Your responses must be in college-level English.
- Please refer to the rubric for full scoring criteria.