Course Project Task 2
Note: This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
For the final project this week, you will assess the recent acquisitions of GE. Use print and online sources to collect information on GE’s recent acquisitions. Be sure to check the reliability of your sources and demonstrate good information literacy.
Begin your paper by identifying two of GE’s recent acquisitions and summarizing the key details of each.
Next, address the following two topics with respect to each acquisition:
- Which of the reasons (if any) for acquisitions discussed in this week’s readings was used as the logic by GE in justifying the acquisition? Explain your answer and support it with research, rationale, and appropriate examples.
- Which of the sources of integration difficulties discussed in this week’s readings seem to be of concern in this acquisition? Explain your answer and support it with research, rationale, and appropriate examples.
Finally, summarize two or three important take-aways from your research into GE’s acquisitions. In essence, what did you learn and what strategic development and implementation lessons might you apply?
- Present your analysis as a 3–4-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- Support your responses with examples. Cite any sources in APA format.
- Name your document MBA6999_W2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.